About Me

My photo
I am networking on Myspace and Facebook.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog Journal # 8

WEBQUEST AND HOW WE CAN ADOPT IT INTO OUR FINAL PRESENTATION.
WebQuest is a program that is "wrapped around a doable and interesting task that is ideally a scaled down version of things that adults do as citizens or workers."

Although we did not review WebQuest in our classtime, I think that Group 7, my group, could use WebQuest as an opportunity to encourage students to use diverse language skills. First we could set up a quest for the students to venture via the web and require them to describe each facet of the quest using atypical words in their traditional speech. We can also ask each student to express how they feel about the WebQuest journey. They could use words from there Feeling Words chart. This is perfect for all of Ms. Newman's 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students as she has wanted our group to introduce material that can reach all of her grade-levels' Language Skills students.

The best example to introduce to all of Ms. Newman's grade levels (as she has requested of our group) is that our group could create a WebQuest and use its online authoring system (free of charge). We can build a WebQuest that encourages students to expressly apply the new language words that they have gained. At each step, each student will be asked to put their word choice into writing efficient, descriptive dialogue.

NEW SKILLS I HAVE GAINED WITHIN THE LAST WEEK THAT I ANTICIPATE USING FOR OUR FINAL PROJECT
I have acquired many new skills in this last week. I know that I will actively be using my skills as an instructor and in my personal life very soon. I can already see myself using Microsoft Excel and its function features to help me precisely calculate grade averages for assignments. I also see myself introducing my prospective 6th grade students to Microsoft Excel. The graphing features will be perfect as I lead my students into Science laboratory. Charts, graphs and data comparison are well organized and easy to read when using Microsoft Excel.


Here is a MS Excel document at a glance. It gives an overall neat appearance-- even at this distance. The recorded values each separate and when zoomed in, they are easy to determine.


This clip above is a Chart displaying the weather for the week. I can see myself taking the values that are predicted by our weather reporters and walking my students through developing the average and sum values. I even see myself hanging the chart up weekly and reviewing it with my students.

MS Excel has provided me another opportunity to share visual aesthetics in my classroom. This is perfect for reaching the attention of students: full of color and graphics to keep young minds interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment