About Me

My photo
I am networking on Myspace and Facebook.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Faith-based Magazine that Stole My Heart: "Full Spirit Magazine. More than a Magazine...A Community"

Today, I got to chat a lil' bit closer with my neighbors, the Myers. Aria and Eric are both very kindhearted people. Eric is the co-owner and editor, and Aria is the Creative Director of Full Spirit Magazine. "This magazine [gives] self-help ideas...with a Christian perspective" says editor Eric Myers.

Just as I begin reading today, I have a knock at the door. I am expecting Aria, and here she is. She's offering me some of her homemade lasagna. Hot and cheessy delightment smack me in the face. :)

Wait, wait, WAIT~!!!!

I first need to say that Aria, babygirl, she can really cook!!!! I love her homemade lasagna! I'm finishing it up now. She has olives, manicotti and other cheeses, and a healthy hint of herbs and salt. The way she prepared her veggies give this lasagna a nice texture. I like thick veggies... this is perfect.
She offered this 'lil' college student', talking about me, a wholesome bite of heaven in tupperware. Thank you Lord! This savory lasagna is right on time.


I jump right back into reading my Full Spirit Magazine. I am humbled when I learn of my neighbors' passion to donate the magazine profits to orphanages. One of the orphanages they mention is in Kyrgyzstan. They input a picture of the kids they met there while on a trip.

After the Editor's Corner, I skip to the section called Emotional First Aid. I am becoming a physician, so I was interested in reading the first aid-styled details. I wanted to see what familiar jargon the magazine offered-- and even how Christian principles would apply to emotional woes. This section compares the literal benefits of disinfecting and bandaging a wound to that of the process of healing a person's emotions. Treating the Wound is a subheading that shares that crying is a way to initiate a healing process against emotional trauma-- just as a person would cry for initial anguish from a gashed heel.

After reading, I think how I perceive my emotions has changed. I am re-considering my initial thoughts about emotions. I have gained that crying is a sense of release. There is a special release I could get if I choose to cry. I have not cried in a long time. I'm not sure why I don't cry. I guess it's because I am away at college now; and I seem to think that crying is not allowed. But, why? I guess I tie my memories of crying to this one picture: "I am a little girl, I am crying because I hurt myself and mom scoops me up and fixes 'it'." No one is going to do that now. College is a different stage. Crying at this stage will not be for rescue, like by my mom, but for a release-- just in case I need one.

Any thoughts? Share with me in my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment